Thank you to our sponsors, volunteers, pitmasters, vendors, and brewers!
2016 Smoke on the River
Saturday, October 15th, 2016
1pm to 5pm
Sacramento Artists Council, Inc. with its friend and sponsor The Grid Agency is hosting the 3rd Annual Smoke on the River on Saturday, October 15th, 2016. Smoke on the River is a fundraiser for Sacramento Artists Council and will raise money for art programs that assist at-risk children, children of homeless families and fund adopt a school art programs for Sacramento Regional Schools. Smoke on the River is a state championship and Kansas City Barbecue Society (KCBS) sanctioned event. The event will feature a People’s Choice BBQ award and tastings, People’s Choice award for Best Beer and Best Cider, live entertainment, and beer tastings provide by local breweries.
Thank you to all who attended and participated in the 2015 Smoke on the River and made it a huge success! Proceeds from this year’s event created six art grants for local schools.
Our 2015 Smoke On The River Contestant Winners:
Overall Champion – Simply Marvelous BBQ
Reserve Champion – My Smokin’ Grillfriend
Chicken – G & Pops
Pork Ribs – 2 Rolling Bones
Pork Shoulder – Rub Lovers
Brisket – Simply Marvelous BBQ
Brisket – Raley’s Pit Crew
Chicken – Hardball Smokers
Pork – Bones N Brews BBQ
Beer – 21st Amendment
Cider – Ace Cider
- 10 Best Power Smokeless Grill Reviews Consumer Reports of 2020
- Rec Tec vs Yoder Wood Pellet Grill 2020 Comparison
- The Best Electric Smokers (under $500) Reviews for 2020
- Best BBQ Chicken Recipe Ever
- How to make BBQ Chicken
- How to Make Beef Wellington – Is nothing’s too good for your guests?
- Pellet Grill vs Pellet Smoker – What are different?
- Fleck 5600 SXT 64,000 Grains Water Softener Review
- Pellet Grills vs. Gas Grills – Which is the better?